New York Anniversary - or Paul's Intro to Blogging
Hello Great Blogging World,
This being my first attempt at blogging, I thought I would start out with something simple so here goes.
Melissa and I ditched the kids with Grandma for our first official "getaway" since they were born. The kids loved the freedom from the official house rules and Melissa and I had a great time in the Big Apple so it worked out well for all involved. Although New York may be known as the city that never sleeps we did not follow the rule, sleeping in, undisturbed, was one of the high points of the vacation, as any with small children can appreciate. Besides sleeping in we found time for a bus tour of the city stopping at Wall Street for lunch and to see the NYSE as well as the great wall street bull, which is not actually on wall street. We saw Wicked on Broadway, Melissa cried, and I must admit, I sniffed once or twice but just because the smoke bothered my eyes.

Another highlight of the trip was the wedding of my cousin Scott in the Manhattan temple followed by a walk (with the entire wedding party) through central park to take pictures. Melissa and I then went on a trip to Harlem to check out a doll shop... I know, Harlem and dolls??? That's what I thought, but then, who could have predicted Bill Clinton would settle there?
After Harlem we went to the reception in New Jersey, again, I know, New Jersey wedding reception??? Actually, it was very nice, food was good and after a few pina-coladas (non-alcoholic) Melissa and I were out "busting" our move on the dance floor. We were even able to get grandma and some other unlikely people out on the dance floor to show off their "unique" dance moves. Luckily only the moves got "busted" and grandma still has two good hips.I will post pictures of the dancing (appropriate only) once we get the film developed from our disposable camera, yes, we own a digital, just forgot it at home. Well, thats about it for this issue. I will need feedback from some of you professional bloggers with tips on how to improve as this is my maiden voyage in the Bloggosphere.

2 Comments:
Hi Paul:
Nice Addition to Melissa's great blog.
I'm sure everyone will love your nice photo moment?
I'm glad your all ready to go.
We will have to see what we can do
about a few photos for your next addition to your space?
Love you tons. Becarefull.
Hi Paul, So glad to see you've come
on board the blogging world,
Now you will have something to do?
Great photo?
We will have to work on some photo's for you from Lake Powell?
See you soon. Love the blogg>
Love Mom.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home