Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Where Does the Time Go?

So far our summer is flying by! I feel like someone has put time in fast forward and I'm just trying to hold on and keep up.

Our house has been for sale for a while now.  All summer we have been trying to decide whether to move or stay in Texas.  At the moment we are leaning towards staying here in Texas.  We miss our families and a lot other things about the west coast, but we also love a lot of people here and like many of things about The Woodlands.  So I'm sure wherever we end up, we will be happy.  I can say I accomplished having a spotless house for 3 months straight.   

In April we went to Utah to visit family and go to my cousin's Delzia's wedding in Idaho.  We enjoyed spending time with Paul's and my family.  Hannah was able to celebrate her birthday a couple of times while we were there.

I am very happy for Delzia and her new husband, Tom and wish them both the best of luck.  We were able to visit with extended family members we hadn't seen in a while.  My cousin's from Colorado are the best!  No one can make me laugh like the
Coombs Girls!!  They rock! I've always looked up to them, and they are still great examples to me.

Christina did a great job singing at the wedding. Erica, was able to make it.  Her husband is in between semesters of his international medical school program.  I was happy to be able to visit with her before their family moves to Grenada.

Donavan and Elise were there with their two busy
 little boys.  Congratulations to them!!  They just added number 3 little boy this last Friday!

Russell & Keri were there looking great and happy. Russell has a great job in Provo and is finishing up college, while Keri is working in a nail salon.  

Our family was very busy in June.  I am the Young Women President for our ward (church).  That means I get to be over the Young Women program for the 12 - 18 year old girls.  We have 32 girls right now.  I love being able to do it, but it does make our life more busy.  We had a week long girls camp and then a two day youth conference.  Paul was also gone a week in between the two events to a camp with the scouts.  Paul's mom was nice enough to come and help watch the kids while we ran all over the place.  The kids love when Grandmas come to visit.  Hannah was so excited to have Grandma all to herself that as soon as Grandma Oman was here she asked me, "Mom, can you go to your Young Women's meeting now?"
In July my mom was generous to take time out of her busy schedule and spend the 4th of July and her wedding anniversary with us.  We enjoyed celebrating the 4th of July by going to the parade and watching The Woodlands fireworks with Grandma Faucette and a group of friends (Bartholomews, Ons, Maggori's, Forts, and Lymans).  It is great to have such great friends, and our kids love their kids.
My mom watched the kids for us while Paul and I celebrated our anniversary in New York and attended Paul's cousin Scott's wedding.  Despite life's attempts to keep us from going, we made it.  We had to cut two days out of our vacation because of Paul's work.Then just a few hours before our flight left, I was sitting in the doctor's office with both kids running fevers of 100 degrees.  But we did prevail and made it!  
 
We packed a lot of sight seeing and fun into just a few days, but we really enjoyed it. My favorite part was seeing the Broadway musical of Wicked.  I also enjoyed eating lunch on Wall Street and taking a picture of Paul with his head up the Bull's backside.  (Picture to come later).  

Erin and Scott had an amazing wedding.  We were happy to be able to go through the temple with them and attend their rockin' reception party where we danced the night away.  The best part of the trip was being able to spend time with just Paul and me.

Things are getting more normal now.  We are back to having a regular schedule, play dates, and going to the pools.  Well we will continue to keep you posted, and hopefully be a little more creative in our communication.

3 Comments:

Blogger Emily Oman said...

Hey guys! Love the blog!!! It's so cute, and I'm excited to see more about your cute little fam!!! Can't wait until Lake Powell WOO HOOO

July 17, 2008 at 11:29 PM  
Blogger Missletoe said...

Yeah! I am so happy to see you in the blogging world! Thanks for inviting us along. Your boating pics are driving me crazy, I would love to go too!

July 18, 2008 at 6:57 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Love the blog!! It's so fun to see your family. Your siblings are so big, I guess in my mind we should all still be playing kick the can instead of raising kids. haha!

July 18, 2008 at 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home