Spontaneous Moment
Last Monday (President's Day) I had a very liberating moment. I was working out at the gym and saw that the zoo happened to be free that day. We've been having great weather, and we love the zoo - so I decided that after I was done working out we would head straight over to the zoo. So that is what we did. (Before kids I really thrived on being spontaneous, but I've learned with kids - if you aren't prepared with everything they need it can be an unpleasant experience.)
What made my whole day was that I didn't plan it in advance. I didn't go home and pack up a bunch of bags of food, toys, and baby supplies. We just got up and went. It was so awesome to realize that my kids are at the age where I don't always have to pack up a big stroller, a million diapers, extra clothes, and a diaper bag.
I was a little nervous that maybe they would wander off with the hundreds of other people there, but they were so good and stayed right by me. It made my whole week to think that I was able to do a spontaneous day trip, and it turned out great!
Unfortunately the only camera I had was my cell phone. So hopefully I'll be able to get the pictures off soon and post them.
Here's to a moment of spontaneity!
What made my whole day was that I didn't plan it in advance. I didn't go home and pack up a bunch of bags of food, toys, and baby supplies. We just got up and went. It was so awesome to realize that my kids are at the age where I don't always have to pack up a big stroller, a million diapers, extra clothes, and a diaper bag.
I was a little nervous that maybe they would wander off with the hundreds of other people there, but they were so good and stayed right by me. It made my whole week to think that I was able to do a spontaneous day trip, and it turned out great!
Unfortunately the only camera I had was my cell phone. So hopefully I'll be able to get the pictures off soon and post them.
Here's to a moment of spontaneity!

5 Comments:
Yeah for you! It is nice when you can take an outing without bringing half the house along. And I'm impressed that they stayed with you -- my girls would probably take off running at any new animal they spotted up ahead!
good for you! i'm still trying to get there... i don't think my kids are as good at listening as yours.
That is kind of how I felt when I realized Avery was tall enough she could wash her hands by herself. Ahhh... Freedom!
Sounds like you need to have another one! Ha-ha! It is so WONDERFUL to just go & not have to pack a million different things! A little bit of freedom!
Sounds like you need to have another one! Ha-ha! It is so WONDERFUL to just go & not have to pack a million different things! A little bit of freedom!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home